Sunday, November 1, 2009

Scott Butler


Hi guys. First off I'm really sorry that it's taken so long between blogs but I have had major problems with the internet at my place. Hopefully it has been resolved and we are back for good.

Now I would like to get down to business and talk about the best ref in the NBL Scott Butler. Why is he the best ref? Quite simple, he isn't seen on the basketball court. He makes the calls that he should and doesn't make the calls that he shouldn't. He talks to players and coaches in a civil manner and is always looking for feedback throughout the game without prejudice. 

Ask any player in the league and they'll tell you who the best is and it's Scotty B. I've also seen Scotty on an international level and let me tell you he is one of the best in the world. He understands situations and players traits and calls the games accordingly. I look at Luke Schensher who stands up with straight arms but stills gets called for blocks because he is unique to this league and refs aren't use to it. I think Scotty lets those calls go. I'm not saying he looks after players I'm saying he understands the game. 

All in all I think most players would like to rock up to the game and see Scott as one of the refs and the NBL should realize they have one of the best in there own backyard.

Until next time
Have a beer for me
Wortho 

1 comment:

  1. naww this is touching...a ref got noticed for being un noticed! hehehee
    x

    ReplyDelete