Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Q & A with Ben Knight


I thought I would break the trend by interviewing the Tigers newest recruit Ben Knight. "Swooper" has been around the block and seen a lot of things so I thought I would ask him a quick 5 questions. Hopefully I'll get a few players to take apart of this throughout the year. 
Enjoy.


MW: Welcome back to Melbourne "Swooper". You've played for nine teams now, which team has been your favorite and why?

BK: Sydney Kings, after traveling around the country side it was good to be home and win a championship in front of my friends and family. 

MW: Who is the best player you have played with?

BK: (Thinking) Tough one but Darnell Mee. Great leader and knew how to distribute the ball to the right spots and played defense so you knew he would put your team into position to win. At the end of the day he was a great competitor.

MW: Biggest changes you've seen since you've been in the NBL? 

BK: The non existent teams. I've played for the Kings, Magic, Bullets, Slingers who aren't around anymore. The talent that Australia keeps producing. Kids come in and are ready to play which is great for the league.

MW: Looking to the season ahead what are your expectations?

BK: Looking to lock up first place is the first step. Then onto a championship. The group of guys that we have will make it fun to do the grind with everyday to accomplish these goals. On a personal note I was a bit quite last year in adopting the role I took up. I look forward to stepping up this year and showing my value.
    
MW: Out of the existing clubs that you played for that are still going around, who would you like to beat most. (Wollongong, Townsville, Cairns, Perth)

BK: Wildcats, they didn't come to the party. 

Hopefully you guys enjoyed
Until next time have a beer for me 
Wortho

3 comments:

  1. Good job with the interview Wortho. Can you interview Tim Lang next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get an interview with big lemon if needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wortho, Loving the Blog, keep em coming.. Hope the Tigers have a great season.

    ReplyDelete